Monday, October 18, 2021

A Morning Visit

This morning I woke up to the smell of coffee. 

It was a surprise because I didn't think anyone else was at home. I went into the kitchen and sure enough, the coffee pot was brewing. There was a note tucked between the sugar bowl and the creamer.

It was from Gregory, "Don't make any judgments about my rearrangement of the living room until we have had a chance to talk about it." I looked over my shoulder and sure enough, Gregory was sitting in his favorite chair, which was located in a new place as he had promised in his note. 

I looked around the living room and the new arrangement wasn't half bad. I was not awake enough to get the full impact of the changes. Gregory's back was to me as he explained that he had gotten home early while I was out of town.

He came over and began to hug and kiss me. "Stop," I said. I am still half asleep.

"No, I will not stop," he replied. "I need my morning kisses!" I laughed and allowed him just a little bit of loving.

I had some trouble pouring the coffee as the pot was poorly balanced. It was a new pot he had purchased, I asked if he still had the receipt so we could return it, and commented that while he was gone I also had bought a new coffee maker.

Then, this morning, I woke up.


2 comments:


  1. wow, it makes it so real when you can SMELL in your dreams. He is close by, don't you think?
    Love,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.