Monday, June 21, 2010

I had the honor of spending some time with Stephanie Kallos while she and I were in residency at The Ragdale Foundation: An Artists Community in Lake Forest, Il.
Dear Stephanie,
Just finished the 500 plus pages of Sing Them Home. I relished every night before bedtime that I could spend with the folks of Emlyn Springs. The more time I spent with Larkin, Gaelen, and Bonnie the more I got to like them. Watching them develop and deal with change was great. Eli and Vinny were good too. Aren't we all the product of our childhood and our families? The twist towards the end of the book was perfect. naturally I couldn't go to sleep until I finished the book to find out what happened. 
Dear Michael,
It always means a great deal to me when readers take the time to share their responses. I'm just so glad that you enjoyed spending time with the good people of Emlyn Springs; one of my goals in writing SING was to send a Valentine to small town America. I have a special place in my heart for little towns and the people who live their lives there.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO VISIT THESE SITES:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.