If you are following this blog you are invited to join in by adding your "FIVE FRIDAY FAVORITES" in the comment section. Hope to see your Friday Favorites.
Today we are looking at FIVE FAVORITE PET PEEVES. I know we all have them but when was the last time you listed and evaluated them? Here is your chance.
Here are mine and they all have to do with calling "800" support numbers:
1) Being on hold for an amazingly long time and then having their system drop your call.
2) When you thank an agent for something they did, or just to be polite, and they respond with "No Problem." I want to tell them, "What do you mean no problem? You are here to meet my customer needs, I don't expect my small request to be a problem. Just say thank you!"
3) Having a stranger tell me to "Have a nice day!" I want to reply, "Don't tell me what kind of day to have. What makes you think you have any influence on what kind of a day I choose to have or not have."
4) When I call VISA or MASTERCARD and the agent asks, "How are you today?" I want to reply, "It's none of your business. I didn't call to make small talk. If you really need to know ... I just survived a horrible car crash, last month my wife died of cancer after a long painful struggle, and my dog is vomiting on the carpet. Now, can we talk about my account?"
5) When the calling tree is so complicated that no one could understand it, the choices have nothing to do with your needs, you are referred to another department and then have to go through their calling tree, which refers you back to the original calling tree.
If you are here reading this, why don't you add your five favorite pet peeves by adding a "COMMENT." Looking forward to hearing from you.