Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snake Oil Continued


This is a reply to Jan Yourist's BLOG entry today. After reading my reply, you can click on the link and read her BLOG.

Jan,
I used to love watching these "Retailtain
ments"  or "Entertailments" as you called them. When I was a young boy, I would spend a day downtown Chicago and the highlight of the day at Woolworths Five and Ten (besides a piece of pizza for lunch) was watching the demonstrations.

Choppers, slicers, dicers. Some 50+ years ago I watched the same "Ever Sharp" demonstration. I wonder if they are using a new hammer? One year, I did buy a slicer, dicer, shredder, chopper ... with the set of knives thrown in ... and a free recipe book ... with a life time guarantee ... for my mother as a Mother's Day gift.

In thinking about it, I wonder if she really appreciated my gift considering I was giving her more tools with which she could cook for and take care of us. She accepted graciously.

CLICK HERE TO SEE JAN'S BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.