Friday, September 2, 2011

Spiders I Have Known

Inspired by a post on my friend Jan's blog:


Nothing worse than an unexpected spider web across one's face ... except maybe a mosquito bite or two during the middle of the night. I am amazed to find that spiders love high rise buildings. The further from the ground the better and sometimes the bigger.

I have been combatting the Spider Sector in two ways. One: I have a special tool that I use to obliterate the webs on our balcony before they get out of hand. It is a long handled duster that allows me to be far enough away from the offending web while at the same time wiping it away. Spiders like to crawl into the ignition system of BBQ grills so I go at it every morning. Also, they like to traverse the balcony, thus web across the face syndrome early in the morning with my cup of coffee.

The second thing is based on the fact that spiders are territorial. Too lazy to check it out but I have posted a 3" bodied, rubber spider in my bedroom and living room windows to tell any spiders wanting to spin their web in my view of the outside world, that this place is taken. Believe it or not, it seems to be working. No spider webs across the windows where previously there had been pre-fake spider days.

Here is a link to Jan's post: CLICK HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.