Friday, January 13, 2012

1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... and Counting

Went shopping at Trader Joe's today. Didn't need a lot of groceries but filled three bags anyway. The bill came to One Hundred Twenty Three Dollars and Forty Five Cents. I immediately realized that the total was counting: 12345. How often have you done that?

I showed the cashier the bill and said, "Look at that total!"

He read it with a questioning tone of voice like it is spelled, "One Hundred Twenty Three and Fourth Five Cents?" I guess he was wondering if I thought it was too much or if he overcharged me. He seemed defensive.

Smiling, I counted, "1,2,3,4,5!" I pointed out counting the total and he realized what I was getting at and laughed.

I received a Trader Joe's vinyl bag as a prize!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.