Monday, March 12, 2012

PV Experiences: A Santa Claus Moment

The Malecón in Puerto Vallarta: A board walk like experience, especially enjoyable at night; with vendors, performers, food, shops, clubs, etc all running parallel to Banderas Bay.

A Mime Performer: Situated on the Malecón in such a way that people walking by had to pass between the performer and his audience seated on a concrete wall. I am convinced that the arrangement was done on purpose.

Gregory and I: Strolling the Malecón after dinner at Repollo Rojo (The Red Cabbage,) named after Frida Kahlo and with a menu of the meals she cooked for Diego Rivera. Our favorite: "Polo con Mole Poblano," the most chocolate-ly piquant sauce (that has become our world-wide-search standard) covering the most succulent breast of chicken and served with creamy refried beans and rice.

The Mime Show: After watching for a while, we decided to move on and as mentioned above had to pass between the mine and his watchers. While I was approaching and crossing center stage, the mime whistled "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh" pulling out a red Santa hat, all while gesturing at me.

The Audience: All joined in clapping and laughing. They got the point. I got the point. I waved my most regal "Queen Elizabeth" wave as I continued on.

Michael Claus: Not the first time I have been mistaken (or identified for) Santa Claus. I take it as a great honor and hope that I can continue to carry on the tradition: "Yes, Virginia, Santa Clause does exist!" Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.