Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Interesting

This evening, on my way back to the condo from the gym (two floors below in my building,) I was feeling healthy and vital. It felt good to be a little sore from my workout with my personal trainer. I was thinking about weighing myself this morning and confirming that I am continuing to loose weight.

These feelings came by way of an overall mind vision of my body in relation to who I am and the choices I have made to keep in shape as I approach my 70th year of life. It came as a total picture, maybe a second or two in duration, and now I am trying to translate it into words.

I felt ... well I felt ... like I was in my early 20's. What is interesting about this is that for most of adult life I have felt like a 9 year old. I attribute my success as an elementary school teacher of grades 4-6 to being able to identify with my fellow 9 year olds! I continued to (and still do) love toys, circuses, and "playing" in general. I continued to be amazed at life and the magic it holds.

When I would go through a "down" time, I would look back at my "ways" as immature and naive and promise myself that while I would not loose my "little boy," I would try to become better at being an adult.

When Gregory was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease in 2003, life got very difficult for both of us, especially me being the one now "in charge" of both of our lives. At one point I realized that I felt like I had grown up a little and now felt like a teenager, no longer a nine year old.

I hadn't thought much more about this "growing up" phenomenon until today and here I am having arrived at feeling like I am in my early 20's. Interesting again, as I am still 50 or so years behind my chronological age! I sincerely hope I never catch up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.