Tuesday, August 18, 2015

UNITY World Prayer Day - September 10, 2015

I always say I do not pray. I certainly do not bargain or beg or promise. But I do contemplate my behavior, my actions, my wishes and desires; and when I am unhappy with them attempt to change them. Maybe that is what you call prayer. Maybe it is a question of semantics.

I won't even go into "Is there a God?" Lets just say that I respect you calling him/her what you want. I always say I do not believe in God but I do believe that there is something greater than I could ever hope to understand that somehow exists "so far out there" or "so deep inside" that helps govern our world, our lives, our selves.

I believe in meditation. I believe in quieting myself from the daily rigors and activities and craziness of each day and night.

I believe in doing good for those who need our support or help. I believe in lending an ear to someone who needs to talk. I believe in doing something for someone who cannot do it for them-self. I believe in holding someone's hand and sitting together silently.

I believe in doing what I can to help relieve suffering and pain; in myself, in my family and friends, in my community, in my world.

I believe that we, as individuals, by our beliefs and actions can change the world into a better place for everyone who lives here with us.

Then something like UNITY's World Prayer Day occurs and I feel good about it. UNITY is a positive religion that embraces most beliefs. Unity has people and centers that spend their time praying for others and their needs.

Maybe just that outpouring of energy can make a difference, maybe just the good feelings that occur inside a person when thinking and/or believing that this is possible can make a difference, maybe you and I can make a difference.

Here is more information about UNITY's World Prayer Day. Each link opens in a new window.

Click here for the Unity Site
Click here to learn more about World Prayer Day
Click here to light a candle for World Prayer Day
Click here to add names to the World Prayer Day list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.