Monday, January 25, 2016

A Gentle Blue Embrace: Miracle #13

Miracle 13 occurred today as I was arriving home. I got onto the freight elevator after getting my mail.

During the day, the freight elevator is draped in blue quilted protection padding so deliveries and move-ins and outs will not damage the elevator walls. After 5:00, the quilts are taken down and the freight elevator becomes its lovely self as an additional vehicle to handle the ups and downs of the residents in the building.

I got on the elevator, pushed "4" for my floor, and as the doors closed I felt this flutter of a soft embrace cover my head and face. At first it frightened me but when I realized that the quilt I was standing by had released itself from the upper left hand hook which caused a corner of the pad to drape down over me while the rest stayed in place.

I laughed and said aloud, "Gregory, not funny! You scared me!" And I laughed again.

Here is photo taken awhile ago against the padding. Turns out I had the same shirt on again today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.