Sunday, January 10, 2016

Miracles: Threes

Today is Gregory and my 41st anniversary. Last night, before bedtime, I had a chat with him and reflected how strongly my love for him continues and how I will continue to live my life in a way that reflects and honors our love for each other.

It is said, "Until death do you part!" but that is not really true. If a love is real, it lasts forever, so even in death Gregory and my love for each other is paramount to me and, wherever his spirit may reside, I believe for him as well.

As I drifted off, I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if I could receive a 'visit' or 'sign" from Gregory in honor of our anniversary." My current thinking is that if one believes in something then it is true. So if I believe he hears me, and that I hear him, and that he watches over me, and that we are still together in my heart and in my soul, then it is true!

As I often do, I need to digress here. I promise I will return to the point of this post.

During the night, I often get up to pee. Sometimes I am awakened up by the cats roaming around so I tell them "Stobbit" (stop it) and they do. Sometimes my hip will hurt from lying on one side and the pain will wake me so I get up to stretch.

As a habit, when I am up during the night, I press the button on top of my clock to light up the time. I have taken to accepting unique times as a wink or nod or "hello" from Gregory. For example, our favorite time has always been 11:11, AM or PM. Times like 1:23 or 3:21 are fun. I really love 12:34 or 2:34, 3:45, 5:55 etc.

These unique number combinations do not occur that often but when they do, I smile and tell Gregory "I love you too!"

A further digression. I have written about the #3 as my lucky number and an important one in my life. Read about it here: http://mhorvich.blogspot.com/2016/01/three-3.html (Opens in a new window so you won't get lost.)

Now back to the point of this post. Last night for the first time I can ever remember and certainly for the first time since Gregory's death; I awoke, looked at the clock, and the time was: "3:33 AM." The answer to my having asked for a "sign." Not only a unique repetition of numbers but using my favorite one!

Wow, I considered that another Gregory Miracle! On our anniversary it was a very important wink, nod, reminder of our love. It has helped me feel cheerful today instead of sad. I am happy to be celebrating our 41st anniversary with loving memories of the wonderful time we had together.

Also, I celebrate Gregory's death and his "finding his way out," as he used to say, while I get to stick around for a while looking for mine. So far today I have not felt the need to grieve!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.