Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy

Been a little while since my last post. I was in Dallas at the U.S.A. International Film Festival for a week and also visiting family who live in Fort Worth.

On flying back yesterday, I rushed off to another screening of the documentary at the Gay Pride Films and Plays: Queer Bits Short Film Festival where I was also the featured speaker!

While I will always miss my love Gregory, and while I am still overwhelmed with grief now and then, I am truly feeling much better, enjoying life, continuing with projects laid to rest during Gregory's difficult times, and being able to remember the good times more than the difficult ones!

I have found that the need to BLOG and the need to write POETRY has diminished as Gregory has moved to a "better place" and as I have been feeling better as well. The urge to write is less with a sun shiny silver lining when compared to a dark, stormy sky.

Eventually I will re-commit to the manuscript about Gregory and my journey with Alzheimer's and other projects like promoting the documentary "ALZHEIMER'S: A Love Story," "Michael's Flea Circus," the possibility of growing "Michael's Museum: A Curious Collection of Tiny Treasures - A Permanent Exhibit at Chicago Children's Museum on Navy Pier," and my latest fantasy project: "ALZHEIMER's: A Love Story Musical."

U.S.A. Film Festival in Dallas TX


With family left to right: brother-in-law George, Great Nephew Brandon, Great Niece Jessie, Niece Jacki, Nephew-in-Law Steve, Jacki's Beau Royce, Niece Lauren, Great Nephew Ben, Me, Great Nephew J.D., Sister Libbe, Nephew Scott, Niece-in-Law Jodi. Not present: Jenni (away at college) and Jerry (celebrating his 21st birthday in New York)

Gay Pride Films and Plays: Queer Bits Film Festival

Q&A after the screening with Dan Pal


With friends Jan & Jake

With Supernumerary friends Theo, Peg, and
Terry (also taught with her for Glenview 34)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.