Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Roy Fisher RIP

Roy Fisher, my dear Lyric Opera supernumerary (acting extra) friend, moved on to that Great Opera House in the Sky on July 4, 2017, during his 91st year. He was loved by many and deserved to be as he was one of the kindest men I know, always with a smiling welcome and a kind comment. 

Last night I dreamed about him and his life partner, Chris. I was taking Chris to the Botanic Garden and Roy was seeing us off. He looked to be in his late twenties and I commented so. I also asked, "May I ask if you have you seen God?"

His reply, with a broad smile and a sparkle in his eyes, was, "Not yet but I have seen much evidence of God's work. And it is beautiful!"

With those words, I awoke to a bright sun shining morning ready to begin my day (with a smile on my face and a bit of wonder on my mind.)

Roy in one of his many supernumerary roles at The Lyric Opera of Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.