Thursday, September 21, 2017

Gratefulness: A Mindful Condition

This video came across my e-mail this morning and watching it moved me.

I am aware of how grateful I am for my life, my family, my friends, my place in this world.

At times I feel undeserving and at times so sad when I see how little others have.

I am so troubled when I see how governments, nature, and even other people make it so difficult or close to impossible for our fellow human beings to experience those things I am so fortunate to have and sometimes easily take for granted.

But I  believe that a lesson for me is that even those unfortunate ones show the ability to be grateful for the little they have and that gives me hope for the future.

Perhaps my use of the word unfortunate is based on my point of view and not theirs.

This hope for the future, however, doesn't allow me to be less grateful or to pass up the opportunity to spread joy to those with whom I come into contact but it does give me hope for a better world.

I resolve to keep my awareness at a mindful level in everything I see, everything I do, and everyone I come across.




http://gratefulness.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.