Saturday, September 15, 2018


Every now and then this song comes on
and I take the time to let myself cry and breath
and cry and breath.

Gregory and I first heard this piece when
we were in Tuscany for the first time in 1999.


How Can I Go On

When all the salt is taken from the sea,
I stand dethroned,
I'm naked and I bleed.
But when your finger no longer points the way,
Is anybody there to believe in me,
To hear my plea and take care of me?
How can I go on,
From day to day,
Who can make me strong in every way?
Where can I be safe,
Where can I belong,
In this great big world of sadness?
How can I forget
Those beautiful dreams that we shared.
They're lost and they're no where to be found.
How can I go on?
Sometimes I tremble in the dark.
I cannot see,
When people frighten me.
I try to hide myself so far from the crowd.
Is anybody there to comfort me?
Lord, take care of me.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.