Friday, December 13, 2019

The Outreach Continues

This came across my Facebook Messages a short while back. I continue to be grateful when hearing how people reacted to and benefited from the documentary ALZHEIMER'S: A Love Story. And it in some ways continue to amaze me that it has had such an impact on so many!

I just watched the Alzheimer’s story on HereTV, and want to applaud you. Your dedication was tremendous and a true love story. My partner, also named Gregory passed away last November from a rare disease called AL Amyloidosis. The last year of his life was a special time for me as it brought me closer to him and allowed me to appreciate our 17 years more thoroughly. The last 41 days were spent at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis, and I stayed with him daily there with hopes of recovery. Watching him die was precious in a way as it was something only I could experience. Watching the show tonight brought many tears, and I felt I could relate in an odd way. I applaud your strength and dedication to Gregory. We both have been blest. I hope your life is at a happier place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.