Friday, November 12, 2010

Elections 2010

Since everyone else wrote about the recent elections, I thought I would try my hand at it.


First of all, besides being disappointed in the results of my fellow voters, I am very happy that the internet, newspaper, radio, and TV manipulation of the truth is over. I got really tired of the abundance of non-commital, spin, "give 'em what they want to hear," manipulative rubbish.


I wish that I had a pen and paper with me every time I heard another pronouncement that really didn't say anything. Here are a few that I do remember:


Bob Smith wants to protect your wallet!
I am tight with the dollar, my own and yours!
When you have dug yourself into a hole, stop digging.
Do you want another two years of runaway government?
Obama's plans are not working! He hasn't kept his promises.
Tom Jones wants to make a difference!


In listening to most of what the candidates were saying (Democrats as well as Republican and now "Tea Drinkers") I have decided that there is very little integrity left (if there ever was) in the political arena. It is easier to manipulate, circumnavigate, or downright lie than tell the truth. No one will remember once the candidate gets into office.


I wonder if the "truth" can really be offered, and if one did speak with integrity and truth would people be willing to understand that no one answer will satisfy every voter, no one problem can be solved overnight, no one person can be responsible for making it better? At what point can honesty prevail and not greed, selfishness, ignorance?


I still believe in Barak Obama. I trust his decisions more than I ever trusted that Republican President's. I feel Obama is doing the best he can given what he was handed and given the slow process of change in any political system.


Not there is talk of Sarah Palin running for President in 2012? On one hand why does "Hell in a Hand Bag" come to mind. On the other hand, I think it would be very interesting to let the electorate vote her into office if only to see what would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.