Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Double Header

Nightmare: Part One
I was teaching again
The details are unimportant
Three students decided against me
For no reason of my own
Other than asking them to be true to themselves
I was true to myself and to them
But to no avail
My every action twisted and turned
The principal took their side
The parents took their side
I didn't need to be here so I left
As did two other teachers 


Nightmare: Part Two
The Place:  A dungeon

The Time:  Spanish Inquisition?
The Role:  A Priest

The Costume:  A heavy hemmed to the floor red robe with hood
The Duty:  Monitor the torturing of a miscreant

The Torture:  Slowly being roasted to death in front of an open oven

The Experience: Sitting quietly as a witness, praying for the man's soul, intolerably hot, unable to breath myself, yet not forsaking my post

The Realization: I am also that miscreant, being covertly tortured by the church and slowly dying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.