Thursday, December 4, 2014

Juliet, Santa Sightings, and Kris Krindl Market

Yesterday I went to the Kris Krindl German Market in downtown Chicago. It is such a festive event with outdoor vendors, food booths, a life size Nativity, Santa's House, and a huge Christmas Tree.

Being outside in the cold, bundled up in this festive environment with many other people who are having a good time as well, adds to the holiday feeling. If you ignore the Chicago buildings and landmarks, it almost feels like you are in a small German town. But why would you want to do that when you can enjoy the tall buildings and the Picasso and Miro? The Market is a great way to begin "feeling the spirit."

SANTA SIGHTING A:
I purchased a Bratwurst with sauerkraut topped with Dusseldorf Mustard and took it into the crowded warming house. I spotted a space at a table with a mom, dad, and a little girl and asked, "Is there room for Santa to join you?" The little girl's eyes were bright and she seemed almost too afraid to hope that this was real.

I asked her if she had been a good girl and she shook her head yes. I asked her if she had misbehaved a little and she shook her head yes. He dad told me, "At least she is honest." and I agreed. I told Juliet to let her parent know what she wanted for Christmas and I would try to do my best, although I couldn't promise that I would bring everything she asked for since there were no many good children on my list. She said she understood.

I really enjoyed the game and there is a 50/50 chance that Juliet believed.

SANTA SIGHTING B:
I was peeking into Santa's house which is only open on weekends and taking a few pictures. A little boy was upset at not getting to see Santa and then saw me. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Day off!"















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.