Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I Believe in Santa Claus


I usually receive what I call "Santa Sightings" fairly often during November and December. People, both young and older; approach, talk about, or point at ME with comments like, "There goes Santa!" or "Doesn't he look like Santa?" Once a group of college girls just screamed when they saw me driving by (not in costume!)

I previously wrote about one wonderful encounter with a young child in a restaurant. Click here to read about the encounter. Opens in a new window.

During the off months the Santa Sightings continue but far and few in-between.

Last year presented the first opportunity for me to BE Santa, in my fluffy red pants and jacket with white trim, black belt, black boots, and red hat with a white pom pom decorating the tip. I might add that I DID NOT need to add a pillow where Santa's jolly old tummy is supposed to be. Click here to read about my first "being" Santa.

So the motivation for this post is that I just received my third "Being Santa" request for the new year. The first is a return visit to Lieberman, the second is to help with Casa Norte's Christmas Gift Pickup at their office on North Avenue.

Today a third request came in from a photographer acquaintance who does pro-bono photography for Adoptp-A-Pet, an organization that has helped countless dogs and cats find forever homes.

I will be doing the first two but unfortunately I am busy on the Adopt-A-Pet day. Besides how merry would it be to have dogs barking and peeing on your leg or cats climbing your leg and arm?

Any way, Merry Christmas, almost!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.