Friday, November 17, 2017

A Brief History of Michael's Christmas Trains I, II, and III

I have had three Christmas trains. The first was an "N Scale" train which Gregory and I purchased at a Flea Market and it served us well for many years. We used our antique brush trees, some antique miniature items, and purchased a number of "N Scale" buildings. It was first used at 2643 Poplar, the first house we purchased as well as at 2635, our second home.




When we decided to deaccession some of our Christmas "Stuff" we gave the train set to our God Neice Whitney. But sure enough the yearning for a Christmas Train returned and I purchased a new one as shown below. It first appeared in our third home, the condo, at 807 Davis.








Secretly, or not so secretly, I have always wanted a "Z Scale" train. This train is the smallest you can get and can fit into a briefcase if you so choose. I set up on my desk. For this setup, I had to use even smaller items from collections around the house. Here are photos are of my current Christmas Train, Number III. You cannot tell from the photos, but a "Z" is half the size of an "N."














Here is a video of the current train set. Merry Christmas one and all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.