Wednesday, November 25, 2020

My BLOG Still Reaches Out

I am impressed that my BLOG, "michael a horvich cares," dealing with my experiences traveling on the Dementia/Alzheimer's path with Gregory, still serves a purpose as an archive of information to others.

As I said in my closing post, while I will continue to be supportive of others on the Dementia Path, my life must take a new direction if I am to adapt to lessons learned from Gregory's experience, from his passing, and from my continuing to be alive day to day.

This came across my e-mail today and is what prompted this post:

Buenos días, me llamo Susana Munier. He encontrado su blogspot y me preguntaba si era posible colaborar con usted aportando por supuesto contenido de valor. Soy psicóloga, trabajo en una clínica en Sevilla y estoy especializada en el manejo de las emociones y el estrés tanto en el adulto como en el niño. 

La idea de colaboración que había pensado es redactar un artículo que ayude a sus lectores y sea interesante para ellos sobre estos temas, donde pueda aportar esa parte de conocimiento que tengo, con un enlace a mi clínica (si le parece bien) y así conseguir un poco más de repercusión en internet.

De todos modos me puedo adaptar a sus necesidades y tratar otro tema diferente sobre el autocrecimiento y que conozca bien. Gracias por la atención!😊.

This is the translation:

Good morning, my name is Susana Munier. I found your Blogspot and I was wondering if it was possible to collaborate with you by providing valuable content of course. I am a psychologist, I work in a clinic in Seville and I specialize in managing emotions and stress in both adults and children.

The idea of collaboration that I had thought of is to write an article that helps your readers and is interesting for them on these topics, where I can contribute that part of the knowledge that I have, with a link to my clinic (if it suits you) and thus achieve a little more impact on the internet.

Any way I can adapt to your needs and try a different topic on self-growth that you know well. Thanks for your attention! 😊.

This was my reply using the skills I still remember from taking "Spanish Business Letter Writing" in college which uses many courtesies which English letter writing does not.

Querida Señora Munier,

Muchimas gracias para su e-carta sobre mi blog. El blog ya no existe dia por dia. Solamente asiste otros como archivo de informacion. Gregory, mi esposo, se muerio hace cinco años y mi vida ha muvado en otras directiones. 
Con mucho affectiones,
Miguel

This is the translation:

Dear Mrs. Munier,

Thank you very much for your e-letter on my blog. The blog no longer exists day by day. Only others attend as an information file. Gregory, my husband, died five years ago and my life has moved in other directions.

With much affection,

Miguel

 



2 comments:

  1. Is the 2020 film "Supernova" by Harry Macqueen based on your story and documentary "Alzheimer's: A Love Story"? Seems suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't wanted to watch "Supernova" if only because I have already experienced the pain but no maybe I should. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.