Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kookaburra

Every now and then I find myself trying to sing this song. I do not know when or where I heard it for the first time or why, but somehow the melody and some of the words have stuck. I usually try singing it to my cat Mariah, one of whose nick names is "Pooker Shell." So I started with "Pooker Berry sits in the old oak tree" but I couldn't get any further.


Today I finally sat down and did some GOOGLE searching. After the fourth or fifth entry it finally came up: "Did you mean Kookaburra?" and "Hurray," I said, "Yes." Turns out it wasn't Pooker Berry and it wasn't an old oak tree.  But now I know the words and will try to be more accurate in my singing. 


Kookaburra

Written By: Marion Sinclair
Copyright © Larrikin Music Publishing Pty Ltd.
International Copyright Secured.
All Rights Reserved.

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry, merry king of the bush is he
Laugh, Kookaburra! Laugh, Kookaburra!
Gay your life must be
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Eating all the gum drops he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
Leave some there for me

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Counting all the monkeys he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
That's not a monkey that's me

Kookaburra sits on a rusty nail
Gets a boo-boo in his tail
Cry, Kookaburra! Cry, kookaburra!
Oh how life can be




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.