Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Tale (Tail) of Two Kitties

Last night as we were dozing off, I heard Mariah (our cat) squeaking. Sometimes she does that when she is in the other part of the house and feels lonely. I whistle her special whistle or call her name and she comes to find us, lonely no more.

This time she didn't show up but continued squeaking. Half asleep I didn't want to get out of bed, but I did. I searched the front of the house and Mariah was not to be found. Then I heard a squeak again and laughed. I realized that she had been locked in the bathroom and was calling, "Let me out of here!"

In a high voice, I narrated aloud one scenario of what she was thinking: "Oh my. I am locked in here and I am so scared. It is so dark and I am all alone. I am frightened. I am trapped forever. Meow. Meow. Meow!"

Instantly I began a second scenario, "Damn fool. Locked me in here again. How long am I going to have to shout before the dummy realizes where I am? Why is he looking in the living room? If I am smart enough to let them know I'm locked in here, isn't he smart enough to hear that I am calling from the bathroom?"

Then, fully awake by now, I got the giggles. "What?" Gregory asked. "A Tail of Two Kitties" I replied.

"Cities. Goodnight," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.