Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thoughts on Death

Came across this interesting article in The NewYorker on "Death" and how we are afraid to talk about it. This text was drawn from “Dying: A Memoir,” by Cory Taylor, which is out August 1st from Tin House Books. Cory Taylor was the award-winning author of “Me and Mr. Booker,” “My Beautiful Enemy,” and “Dying: A Memoir.” She died on July 5, 2016

It is a brief but meaningful read for anyone who has experienced the death or in the process of dying of a loved one or will experience their own dying ... which is everyone!
  • Ms. Taylor begins: The questions, as it turned out, were unsurprising. Did I have a bucket list, had I considered suicide, had I become religious, was I scared, was there anything good about dying, did I have any regrets, did I believe in an afterlife, had I changed my priorities in life, was I unhappy or depressed, was I likely to take more risks given that I was dying anyway, what would I miss the most, how would I like to be remembered? These were the same questions I’d been asking myself ever since I was diagnosed with cancer, back in 2005. And my answers haven’t changed since then. They are as follows.
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/questions-for-me-about-dying

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.