Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Condo Life Across the Threshold

STORIES FOR THE TIMES:

The Sherman Plaza Condo Association, like so many other condos I assume, has put provisions in place to protect residents and staff against the COVID 19 epidemic.

The precautions are meant to encourage social distancing and include closing the community room, stepping up the already excellent cleanliness of the buildings public spaces, installing hand sanitizer stations by elevators, requiring residents to come down to pick up food delivery instead of allowing the drivers to come through the building, and more.

Another precaution is to limit the management office walk-in traffic. The building managers are taking e-mail and telephone requests only. On my way from picking up mail, I saw that the office door was open so I dropped by, stood perfectly at the threshold, and waved. Leslie and Kellie, or building managers waved back and we all had a good laugh. I told them that I was surprised to see the door open and wondered if people were following the "no foot traffic" request. For the most part, the answer was, "Yes."

Then I suggested putting up a dog gate or yellow "crime scene" tape. We had another good laugh. "I will visit again," I told them, "but always across the threshold." That gave me the title for this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign in to any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. Thanks.

PLEASE leave a comment or some acknowledgment that you have been here. It can be totally anonymous. You do not have to leave your name. You could use your first name only, your initials, or nothing.

Under each new post you will find the word COMMENT. Click on it and a window will open where you can leave your comments.

It asks you to SIGN IN, but you can also click on ANONYMOUS.